How I improved my Technorati Ranking by 2,000,000 in 24 hours


My blog is worth $1,693.62.

How much is your blog worth?



These are the words that a technorati affiliate uses to describe EasyHacks, a blog whose first post was published merely 24 hours ago. This is not a joke or an HTML modification - you can verify it yourself here.

Imagine - a free blog, with 3 posts, which has not even been indexed by Google yet and, as I said earlier, is 1 day old, worth USD 1693! I could beat Mr. Chow if I carried on at this rate :p

Obviously their system is nowhere near perfect, but I would like to think that it reflects this blog's potential ;) and motivates me a lot.

So how did I make this happen? And before i forget, I managed to move up the Technorati ladder by about 2,000,000 rankings. Yes, you read that correctly, 2,000,000.

When i first submitted the empty blog to technorati a couple of days ago, it was ranked something like . Now its ranked 1,174,059. With only 3 posts prior to this one. Crazy innit?


So how did it happen?
My Technorati page will give it away... And while you're there, will you be kind enough to add me to your favorites? Thanks!


Well, all I can say is that it was not intentional, but good Karma always reciprocates.

I am sure all blogs move up massively in terms of ranking once they put in a few quality posts, but i was highly surprised because there were only 3 posts on the blog and 2 of them were about me.

I'd love to hear what you think about this - Is this exceptional, or am I just being my normal self and over-reacting to an everyday occurrence. I'd love to hear about it from you.

PS: Click on the post title and you'll notice how I managed to integrate the comments page with the post - unusual for blogger. Thanks Jack.